Monday, November 16, 2009

What's the difference ?


DISCLAIMER: Before reading on, ONE plain thing, My thoughts are purely based upon my perception of the world around. I'm not a psychologist, counseller or an acclaimed philospher. As, promised, its some lame GYAAN, straight from lame donkey's world.
WARNING: A LONG POST !!!
What makes us different ? what makes us different in characters, articulation, a few offbeat from others, few ambivalent, giving us colours ranging from white to grey ? What makes the same set of people respond all together with ineptitude, fear, happiness yet differ in abilities and success. Why intelligence is never matched with success. Why some business go down while few rise to success?

Hold on to these thoughts, I'll come back to them in a while. It has intrigued me a lot, when I see best of breed brains biting the dust, and simultaneously watching a few,  average ones, climbing up the success ladder. I'm in no mood to generalise turn of events and neither I want to demean the mediocrity (I belong to the same class). Though, I felt there was enough on my mind to create a new post.

I might sound rhetoric, but eversince my chilhood I saw myself, making those maxima minima curves and differential always coming down to a damned '0'.Frome whatever I recollect my life was that of a meiocre who could pass on the subjects but never knew how to score as my counterparts did. I was confused, afraid and always wondered how these damned guys conquered forts and pillars, which I couldn't. My plethora doesn't end here, My teenage blues continuesd without any respite, college days got even worse, watching my best buddies scaling new heights, whereas my scoresheets the same  leading the way to become "A LAME DONKEY". Few thought I was talented, Inquisitve was I, which talent were they refering too. The question that stood by n large that time. How to make oneself intelligent? I guess the enigma still remains the same, though the question got tweaked: How to be successful? and then came another one. how do you measure success ? so to its entirety, in managerial terms the "BIGGER PICTURE" is what makes ones successful and if you are one how do one gauge wheteher one is successful.

What I percieve is success can't be measured, It comes to you for whatever you set forth ahead. As I said in my earlier post  success depends on "YOUR DREAM". It can be anything from becoming a chai walla who leads on to become a millionaire to representing your country on field for twenty years and still cherishing each day living it. I managed to survive my sophomore, adolesence and managed to get a job in an MNC earning a decent salary. "MY DREAM", NO....NO.... NO....NO....NEVER.... To be honest I had a dream of making big like all others, I dreamt of earning a good salary like all others, I wanted to have girl of my dreams like all humans do, landing into a decent job and perhaps a very few items that remain on the checklist such as , getting a new car, a club membership, a dream holiday on a foreign land, and marrying my dream woman. So am I really happy, thats a million dollar question ? I still don't have an answer to all these, but what I do know, these are the same dreams that a normal middle class human dreams off. All through out these years I saw many of these best of brains falling apart, not quite making into the big league, and many a ones flew by  like a rocket but burst out without a fuss, whereas many who silently rode to the path of glory. I must admit here that this can't be true for all bright spots around yet, I percieve most of them collapsed somewhere in mundane activities surrounding ourseleves without even realising it(More on it later). Also how far you go is defined by how well you envisage your ultima. How well conjured are your thoughts. Abstract it may sound but somewhere we all dreamt of making it big into the elitest of elite, still most of us failed (I'm sorting this for myself too).
RULE NO. 1: Dream Big if you want to make it big, which might not be different from others, but has a different perception.
"Distinction is the consequence, never the object of a great mind"
                                                              Washington allston
Moving on, the distinction clearly lies in the attitude which we all find hard to sustain, the problem starts when big fat dreams are blocked, strooled into a deep chasm and lid closed for ever. We all go through this phase. The instant when this happens is when are dreams get a reality check. Few improvise, few still want to be in the surreal world. Now improvisation , is the caveat, the erosion takes palces at this moment when we all find it hard to cope with societal norms, get a job, marry your girl, money.... Its ubiquitous. Alas, unknowningly we have packed our chimera nicely, and kept it in our store house to open it up later. A phase i perceive where our identities start dimnishing, what was a proud baton for us once has now been turned into a rag. We start making compromises to ourselves, to our destiny.  the point I try to make here is not of earning you bread and butter, but of consiging to an oblivion. Precariously we all let our imagination erode ourselves.
 "There are certain inevitabilites............You'll grow older, you will be forced to compromisein ways you never imagined"
-Amartya Sen

Alas, few more have bitten the dust. If you survive, congrats, you move onto next phase.










No comments:

Post a Comment